If you're experiencing problems with logging into your existing Thinkific site, here's how to troubleshoot the issue.
Experiencing difficulties logging into your Thinkific site can be frustrating and hinder your progress in managing your e-learning business. This article covers common reasons why you may be unable to log in to your Thinkific site and provides troubleshooting steps to help you overcome these issues. Whether it's a forgotten password, technical glitches, or other potential obstacles, we've got you covered. Read on to understand possible causes and solutions to regain access to your Thinkific account and get back to focusing on what matters most: creating and delivering exceptional online learning products to your learners.
If the problem persists after troubleshooting, please click the chat icon at the bottom right of this page to contact the Thinkific Support Team for assistance.
If you have forgotten your password and are locked out of your account, you can trigger a password reset email right from your site sign-in page!
How to Reset Your Account Password
- Go to your Thinkific site
- Select Sign In on the top right
- On the login page, select Forgot Password
- Enter the email address you used to create your site
- Click Submit
- Check your email inbox for a password reset email for further instructions
Email Troubleshooting Steps
- Make sure you are using the correct email address associated with your account.
- Search your inbox and spam folders for the email addresses listed above. If these emails routinely end up in spam, consider adding these email addresses to the safe sender list in your email service provider settings (e.g. Outlook, Gmail).
- Try resending the email. If you have still not received the email after a few minutes, try again.
- If you are working for an organization, make sure Thinkific emails are not blocked by their Firewall or spam filter settings.
Incorrect Login Email
Incorrect Login Site
Single Sign-On (SSO) Issues
Multi-Factor Authentification (MFA) Issues
Custom Domain Issues
When integrating a Custom Domain with your Thinkific site, it is important to be aware that the changes may take up to 24-48 hours to propagate. During this time, you may encounter errors when attempting to access your site. To ensure a smooth experience, we recommend keeping your Thinkific URL as the primary domain during this period to avoid any potential issues. Once it has been propagated, you can then set your custom domain as your primary domain.
To confirm if your custom domain is correctly pointing to the Thinkific platform, double check the CNAME record in your domain host and perform a CNAME lookup. This will help validate the connection between your custom domain and Thinkific.
If you have already completed the necessary steps of creating a CNAME record and adding the Custom Domain to your Thinkific settings but are still facing log-in issues such as encountering the error message "The page you are looking for doesn't exist," contact the Thinkific Support Team for further assistance.
Technical Issues or Server Outages
Account Suspension or Deactivation
Account Hacked or Security Breached