Sign-In Email Verification provides an extra layer of security to your account, ensuring that only you can access your account.
In this article:
About This Feature
Verifying your email during login provides an extra layer of security for your Thinkific account. By confirming your identity as a Site Owner or Site Admin, you can ensure that sensitive information is protected from unauthorized access. This extra step in the login process gives you peace of mind knowing that your information is secure and safe from any potential security threats, such as hacking or phishing attempts.
How It Works
If you have Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) enabled on your Thinkific site, you will not be prompted to complete the Log-In Email Verification process. Learn how you can enable Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) to increase your account security.
After you’ve entered your username and password, you will receive a verification email with a verification code in your registered email address inbox. You will need to open your verification email, retrieve the code, and enter it in the appropriate field on the sign-in verification page.
You will only receive the prompt to verify your email if:
- You're signing in from a different internet connection or location than usual
- You're signing in from a new or different device
- Your last sign-in date was greater than 30 days
Emails from Thinkific are sent from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are using Email White Labelling, students will receive emails from the custom email domain you have set up with Thinkific.
How to Verify Your Email Address
- Sign into your Thinkific account using your registered email address and password
- When prompted to enter the verification code, check the inbox of your registered email address for a confirmation email titled Here is your Thinkific access code
- Optional: Click Request new code if you have not received your confirmation email. Make sure to check your email spam folder as well.
- Copy the verification code in the verification email and paste it into the Code received in your email field on the Sign-in Verification page
- Click Verify to verify your identity
If you are not seeing an email with the verification code, follow the steps below:
- Check your Spam or Junk folder
- If you are using a work email and your company has set up spam-filtering software, check if it filtered out the verification email
- Make sure to add Thinkific email addresses to your safe sender list in your email provider
- If you are still not receiving the verification email and code, contact Support for assistance