This article will outline some of the most common issues students may encounter on the Thinkific Mobile App, along with the steps to resolve these issues.
In this article:
Common Mobile App Issues and Solutions
The dropdowns below contain some common issues you may encounter while using the Thinkific Mobile App and steps you can take to resolve these issues. Click each dropdown to view more information.
I am not able to find my school when searching for it in the app
The mobile app must be enabled by the school owner in order to appear in the search results. If you are not sure if this is the case, reach out to your instructor to confirm.
If the mobile app has been set up but you are still unable to log in, please contact your Instructor for further instructions.
I entered my login details, hit Continue, and it said that my account is verified - but when I hit Continue again, I am brought back to the login screen
If you are trying to log in and enter your credentials correctly, but you are brought back to the login screen, you need to:
- Clear the cache and cookies of your device's browser
- Restart your browser
- Try logging in again
I am logging out of one school and trying to log in to a different school, but I am being logged in to the first school again
The mobile app uses a mobile browser to log you into your Thinkific school. If you are trying to change schools, you will need to ensure you are logged out of the first school in your browser. To do that, you will need to:
- Open the Thinkific site of your first school in your mobile browser
- Log out
- Open the app and log in to the second school, using these instructions: How to Install and Log In to the Thinkific Mobile App (Student Resource).
I am logged in to the app, but I do not see any courses or communities I am enrolled in
You need to make sure you are using the right email when logging in or using the same login option that you used to create an account.
Specifically, if you created an account using one option (e.g. an email), but are signing in using Apple SSO with the Hide My Email feature enabled, you will create a new account instead of accessing the original one. If this happens, you need to:
- Log out using the Log Out button located on the Profile screen: Getting Started With the Mobile App (Student Resource)
- Log out of the site in your mobile browser
- Re-login using your original registration method
- Optional: Contact your Instructor to delete a duplicate account
When I hit Complete at the end of a lesson, it doesn't work
If you are clicking the "complete" button at the end of a lesson in your course and it is not completing the lesson and moving you to the next module, check the following:
- Have you completed any/all of the prerequisites within the lesson?
If not, you should see a popup informing you of what was missed. Go back and ensure all of the prerequisite items listed in the lesson have been completed.
- Are you at the end of the course?
If the issue persists, complete the troubleshooting steps outlined below.
I do not receive push notifications
If you do not receive push notifications, you need to ensure that the Thinkific Mobile app has permission to send notifications to your mobile device. You can enable them within the app, see the instructions here: Communities in the Mobile App (Student Resource).
You can also change the notification permissions from your mobile device settings:
If you are experiencing issues with the app not covered previously, try the troubleshooting steps below.
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet - the Mobile App will not work offline
- Try closing the Mobile App completely and relaunching it on your device
- Make sure that your Mobile App is updated to the latest version: How Can I Update the Thinkific Mobile App? (Student Resource)
- Make sure that your device meets the operating system requirements
- Restart your device
- Try a different device (mobile phone, tablet, PC/Mac laptop/desktop, etc.) to ensure that this is not a content-specific issue
If you are still experiencing technical issues after trying all of the steps above, you can contact Thinkific with the following details for us to investigate further:
Note that the Thinkific support can only address issues as they relate to the Thinkific mobile app. We cannot offer any support when it comes to course or community content, charges dispute, or general school feedback.
- A detailed description of the issue
- An email address of the user experiencing the issue (in this case, your email)
- The version number of the Thinkific Mobile App you are using. Instructions on how to find that can be found here: Getting Started with the Mobile App (Student Resource)
- The make and model of the device you are using (ie: Samsung Galaxy S22 phone, iPhone 13 etc)
- The operating system (OS) and the OS version of your device (ie: Android 13, iOS 16 etc)
- If possible, a screenshot or a recording of the issue
- If a course issue, what is the name of the course? Does it happen in all courses or just one?
- If a lesson issue, what is the name of the lesson? Does it happen in all lessons or just one?
- If a community issue, what is the name of the community? Does it happen in all communities or just one?
To contact Thinkific support from within the app:
- On the Home screen, click on your profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen
- Under Contact Thinkific, select the Report issues with app option