We currently have a single page checkout available as an opt in A/B test. If you are interested in trying it out, check out Early Access: New Streamlined Checkout!
In this article:
Setting Up Your Checkout (Video Overview)
Looking for more video content like this? Enroll in the free Thinkific Fast Track Training course or check out some of our other high-quality training content.
About This Feature
The Thinkific checkout allows your students to purchase and enroll into your courses seamlessly. Students can sign up with their email address, input their payment details and immediately access their course when going through the Thinkific checkout!
How It Works
To get started using the Thinkific checkout, all you need to do is integrate with Stripe or PayPal and set your course pricing! Then you can simply link any call to action buttons to your course checkout and students can start purchasing your course.
Two Page Checkout
Thinkific currently has a two page checkout process:
- The first page is account creation, where the student will fill out their first name, last name, email address, password and any custom fields you have created
- The second page is where they will input their payment details and any coupon codes if applicable
Single Page Checkout
We have just released a Single Page Checkout A/B Test that you can opt into if you would like to streamline your checkout! The new Single Page Checkout was built from the ground up with the goal of converting more of your visitors into students.
Returning students can complete additional orders with a simplified checkout and have the option to update the current credit card if needed:
Single Page Checkout Differences
There are a few important differences between the default Two Page Checkout and the Single Page Checkout:
- The site header and logo are not visible in the Single Page Checkout
- You cannot currently use Site Builder to add sections to the Single Page Checkout
- The Single Page Checkout will not display the course description
- Site footer code does not run on the Single Page Checkout
You should consider these differences and any impacts they might have on your student experience before opting in to the Single Page Checkout A/B test.
How to Opt In to Single Page Checkout
To learn more about this A/B test, check out Early Access: New Streamlined Checkout.
- Go to Settings
- Select Streamlined Checkout in the left menu
- Under NEW: Streamlined Checkout, check off Opt in to the test
- Click Save
If this option is missing from your settings, make sure you currently have SSL enabled on your site.
After the Checkout
Once a student purchases a course, they will immediately be taken to a default Thank You page where they can click to continue straight into your course content.
If you would like to customize the Thank You page or send the student to a different page after checkout, try out our After Purchase Flow feature!
- The Thinkific checkout can only be used when integrating directly with Stripe and/or PayPal. If you are using an external payment solution, you will need to use an external checkout page outside of Thinkific. Learn more here: External Payment Solution: What to Consider
- The Thinkific checkout is a default page that auto populates your course name, image, and pricing. If you would like to customize this page by adding additional Site Builder sections, these additional sections will appear on the checkout for all of your courses. You can learn more about how default pages work here: Default Pages. (Note that if you have opted-in to the Single Page Checkout A/B test, these customizations will only apply to the default Two Page Checkout process.)
- Only one course can be purchased at a time using the Thinkific checkout. If you would like to sell multiple courses as a package, check out our Course Bundles feature!
- If you have added any Site Footer Code to your site, this will run in the Two Page Checkout, but is not currently supported in the Single Page Checkout. If you have Site Footer Code that is required to run on your checkout page, we recommend opting out of the Single Page Checkout.
If you have any feedback on our checkout or would like to submit a feature request, send us an email here!