When you connect your account with one of our payment processors, students can pay and enroll in your course using the Thinkific checkout!
In this article:
About This Feature
The Thinkific checkout allows your students to purchase and enroll in your courses seamlessly. Students can sign up with their email address, input their payment details and immediately access their course.
How It Works
To get started using the Thinkific checkout, all you need to do is integrate with one of our payment processors and set your course pricing! Then you can simply link any call to action buttons to your course checkout and students can start purchasing your course.
Two-Page Checkout is our default checkout for accounts using Stripe and/or PayPal to accept payments, this is the one that got it all started. The two-page checkout allows for the most customization, making it ideal for creators who want to tailor their student experience.
Performance Checkout is our default checkout for those using Thinkific Payments to accept payments (with or without PayPal), the Performance Checkout trades some of that customization away in favour of a sleek, frictionless, one-page checkout that moves prospects through the buying process faster. You don't have to worry too much about these two choices if you're just getting started, focus on building that first course and when you’re ready, revisit the payment processor options and checkouts that most meet your specific need!
If you're interested in exploring the options now, read more below.
Then you can simply link any call to action buttons to your course checkout and students can start purchasing your course.
Two Page Checkout
- The first page requires your student to create an account, capturing their first name, last name, email address, as well as setting a password and filling out any custom fields you have created.
- The second page is where they provide their payment details and any coupon code if applicable.
Recently released with Thinkific Payments and currently only available if you’re accepting payments through Thinkific Payments, the Performance Checkout is built on checkout best practices and is designed to maximize sales conversion.
Minimizing the steps, reducing the number of form fills, only creating an account after checkout, prompting students to save their details for easier future payments, reducing redirects by tailoring the checkout page to new and returning students as well as enabling data validation and input error notification are some of the ways performance checkout reduces friction and increases your conversion rate.
While Performance Checkout is only available on Thinkific Payments at this time, we will be releasing the new checkout to all creators in 2022.
After the Checkout
Once a student purchases a course, they will immediately be taken to a default Thank You page where they can click to continue straight into your course content.
If you would like to customize the Thank You page or send the student to a different page after checkout, try out our After Purchase Flow feature!
- The Thinkific checkout can only be used when integrating directly with Thinkific Payments, Stripe and/or PayPal. If you are using an external payment solution, you will need to use an external checkout page outside of Thinkific. Learn more about that here: External Payment Solution: What to Consider
- The Thinkific two-page checkout is a default page that auto populates your course name, image, and pricing. If you would like to customize this page by adding additional Site Builder sections, these additional sections will appear on the checkout for all of your courses. You can learn more about how default pages work here: Default Pages
- By default, only one course can be purchased at a time using the Thinkific checkout. If you would like to offer additional products to your students during the checkout experience, take a look at our guide on how to sell more with Order Bumps! You can also sell multiple courses as a package. For more info check out our Course Bundles feature!