If images are not saved when uploading them to your site or you are experiencing any errors, we have a few steps you can try to help resolve the issue!
- Check the image file name. Try to keep it simple if possible (avoid special characters, spaces, etc.) Try using a combination of letters and numbers if you need the file name to be unique.
- Make sure the image file is no larger than 4MB. You should see an error message when trying to upload an image file that is too large. If you aren't sure how to reduce the size of your images, check out our article on using Squoosh to Reduce Image File Sizes.
- Go to http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/ and refresh your cache. Sometimes browser caching causes problems with file uploads. After clearing your browser cache, please restart the browser.
- Try on a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, IE, Opera, etc). Sometimes it can be browser specific.
- Try in a private window in your browser of choice (e.g. Chrome's Incognito mode, or Firefox's Private Window). Sometimes we find that certain extensions can affect the upload option and create errors.
If you're still having issues after trying the steps above, please send us an email with the following, so we can further investigate:
- Which options above did you try?
- What browser are you currently using? You can use this site to share your browser info with us: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
- What is the URL of the page you are working on?
- Which section or area are you uploading to?
- Send us the image file so we can inspect and try uploading it on our end.