If you ever need to manually charge a student, you have the option to create a new payment in Stripe.
Maybe your student made a mistake when selecting your pricing option or perhaps you are offering an additional service that you need to charge them directly for. If they have already made a purchase on your site, they will be available as a customer in Stripe and you can manually create a new payment if needed.
How to Create a New Payment in Stripe
- Search for and open the customer record in Stripe
- Scroll to Payments and select Create Payment
- You'll now see the Create a New Payment window:
- Enter the amount
- Add a description
- Statement desc. is will already be completed. Do not change.
- The Source will be the credit card currently on file for the account.
This will charge the card immediately and no impact will be made on the current subscription or billing cycle. The new payment will now be visible in Payments.