There may be instances where you want course administrators or instructors to see the progress of your students without providing them with a Site Administrator account in Thinkific. Using Zapier, you can create a running list of all the lessons a student has completed in your site in Google Sheets.
To Create a Progress Report with Google Sheets
- Start with a Thinkific Trigger:
- Select Lesson Completed. Continue.
- Select or connect your Thinkific account to Zapier. Continue.
- Select the Course you want to track. Then leave the lesson field black in you want to track every time a student completes a lesson. If you want to track when a. student reaches a certain percentage complete of the course, you can also enter this in the field as a decimal (e.g. 0.8 for 80% completed). Then Continue.
- Test the Zap until it returns successfully. Continue.
- Under Action, select Google Sheets. Continue.
- Then select 'Create Spreadsheet Row' or 'Update Spreadsheet Row'. Create Spreadsheet will mean that each time a student completes a lesson, it will be a new row. While Update spreadsheet row will mean that every student has one line in the spreadsheet and their most recent completed lesson will be in that line. In this example, I'll select 'Create Spreadsheet Row'. Continue.
- Find or select your Google Sheets Account, Continue:
- Under Spreadsheet, select the sheet you want these details to be parsed into. You can also select the worksheet:
- Then the column fields from that sheet will be entered as different optional fields. You can choose to populate them with relevant variables from the Zap that may be of interest, in particular, User Name, Lesson Name and Lesson Completed At. Continue.
- Test until it returns as successful:
- Finish and set the Zap to live:
- Check your spreadsheet to ensure your test data presents correctly: