There may be instances where you want course administrators or instructors to see the progress of your students without providing them with a Site Administrator account in Thinkific. Using Zapier, you can create a running list of all the lessons a student has completed in your site in Google Sheets.
To Create a Progress Report with Google Sheets
- Start with a Thinkific Trigger:
- Select the Lesson Completed event. Continue.
Select or connect your Thinkific account to Zapier. Continue.
Select the Course you want to track. Then leave the lesson field black if you want to track every time a student completes a lesson. Then Continue.
Test the Zap until it returns successfully. Continue.
Under Action, select Google Sheets. Continue.
Select the Create Spreadsheet Row or the Update Spreadsheet Row event. Create Spreadsheet Row means that each time a student completes a lesson, the system will create a new row in your spreadsheet. Update Spreadsheet Row means that every student will have only one row in the spreadsheet and the row will show only the most recent completed lesson. Continue.
Find or select your Google Sheets Account. Continue.
- Select Drive where your spreadsheet is located. Then, select the sheet you want these details to be parsed into. Then, select a specific worksheet within the spreadsheet.
Select Load More if you do not see your spreadsheet in the dropdown menu right away.
- The column fields from the selected sheet will appear as different optional fields. You can choose to populate them with relevant variables from the Zap that may be of interest, in particular, First Name, Last Name, Lesson Name, and Lesson Completed At. Continue.
- Test until it returns as successful.
- Publish your Zap.
- Check your spreadsheet to ensure your test data is presented correctly.