Shopify is an external sales page and checkout platform. Automatically enroll students who purchase your course through your Shopify checkout.
Before creating this Zap, you will need to have created your item in Shopify. You need to have created an order (you can set a discount of 100%) and create a fake student associated with that purchase. You will need a Premium Zapier account to complete this Zap.
- Choose Shopify as the Trigger App, then Save and Continue:
- Select the relevant trigger, in this example, New Paid Order as the Trigger:
- If you have not already connected your Zapier and Shopify account, you will need to install the Zapier App in your Shopify account:
- Connect your Shopify store:
- You may want to test the account connection, by selecting ‘test’ to ensure they are connected. Then, Save and Continue
- Under the ‘Payment Status’ select Paid. Leave all others blank.
- Make sure you have at least one order in your Shopify account with a contact (even if is a fake 100% discounted course). Test your Trigger, then select Fetch and Continue. Once your test returns Successful, you'll be good to move onto the next step:
- Now that you have your trigger set up, create your action. Under Action, select Zapier’s Filter, then Save and Continue:
- Select ‘Only continue if…’, then Continue:
- From the drop-down, select ‘Line Items Name’ and ‘(Text) Exactly matches’ then enter the course title within your Shopify account exactly. Then, Test and Continue:
- Once the test comes back successful, select Continue:
- Now create your action. Under Action, select Thinkific, then Save and Continue:
- Select Enroll User, then select Continue:
- Connect and select your Thinkific account, then Save and Continue:
- Under Products, select your Thinkific course that you want the Shopify product to relate to and the First and Last names and email address from Shopify’s steps:
- You can also add an expiry date or password if that is part of your enrollment process. Then, select Continue:
- Test for success and then Finish: