Download lesson types are ideal for creating a resources section with supplementary material for your students, or, for including worksheets for your students to download and complete. Learn more about this lesson type in the article below!
You're able to include select files types within your Thinkific course as a Downloads lesson. File types such as HTML, SVG, and DMG are not supported within the Downloads lesson feature to ensure the security of the platform and safety of our Course Creators.
How to Create a Downloads Lesson
- In the left sidebar of the Admin Dashboard, click Manage Learning Content
- Select Courses, and then choose the course you want to add a Downloads lesson to
- Click the three dots on the course card, and select Edit
- From the Curriculum tab of the Course Builder, select Add Content
- Select Downloads.
- Now give your lesson a name, and (optional) add a description.
- Upload your files by using the Drag and Drop, or Select Files option.
You can upload a maximum of 100 files. We recommend files that are 2G or smaller. If you exceed the maximum, you will need to reduce the number of files before you can save any changes made to the lesson.
- Once the files have successfully uploaded, rename them if you like:
- Then, hit Save Changes and your lesson is created!
When your student clicks the Download button on the lesson, this will open in a new browser tab. Here they can right-click to save the file to their device.
Optional: Remove Margins in Course Player
By default, there will be page margins when viewing Downloads Lessons. If you would like to adjust the display to remove these margins, check out Remove Margins in Course Player.
Accepted File Types