Once you install the AWeber app and connect Thinkific to your account, any new students who sign up to your Thinkific site can be automatically added to your mailing list in AWeber.
About the AWeber App
AWeber is an email marketing program and autoresponder that helps you better connect with customers. The AWeber app lets you automatically add any new students who sign up to your site to a corresponding AWeber mailing list.
Installing the App
If you do not have one, we recommend signing up for an AWeber account before beginning this process
- Locate the AWeber App in the app store
- You can open the App Store from your Admin Dashboard by selecting Apps from the menu on the lefthand side.
- (Optional) If you manage multiple Thinkific accounts, double-check that the correct account is showing in the top-right of the App Store page.
- Click to Install the AWeber app.
- Review the Permissions & App details page.
- Click Accept & Install to continue.
- You will be returned to the AWeber app details page in Thinkific — click Connect Account.
- If you are not currently logged in to your AWeber account, you will be prompted to sign in: enter your AWeber account login information
If you did not create an AWeber account earlier, you can click the Sign up link on this page to do so now.
- (Optional) If you have more than one AWeber account, you will be asked to select the one you want to connect
And you're done! You will be returned to your Apps page, and should see AWeber under your Installed Apps section. Now would be a great time to configure the app, so it knows which of your AWeber mailing lists to use!
Configuring the App
- Click on Apps in the left-navigation to bring up your Apps page
- Under Installed Apps, locate AWeber and click Settings
- Under the Account section, select an Aweber mailing list from the drop-down menu
- Click Save
Any new students who sign up at Thinkific will now also be added to the mailing list you selected!
Make sure not to leave the list set to None, as in that case new students will not be sent to AWeber from Thinkific at all — you can use the default list that AWeber creates for your account if you are just getting started, since you can always rename that list or move the emails later if you need to!
Looking for more apps? We're adding new apps to the platform every day. Check out the Thinkific App Store!