If you need to transfer ownership of your site to another user, no problem!
If you are looking to change your password, check out: Editing User Passwords. If you are looking to change your login email check out: How can I change my login email?
- Changing the Site Owner email doesn't update the Thinkific plan subscription billing email address (where we send invoices and receipts); please see our article: How to Update Your Billing Email Address
- Changing the Site Owner email also doesn't update the email login for the Thinkific Training Site or your email address on our Thinkific mailing list. To update your Training Site login and/or Thinkific mailing list email, please reach out to the Support Team.
- If the Site Owner has activated Multi-factor Authentication for their account, they will need to confirm their email and then log in with the new email using MFA. See this section of our MFA guide for more details: Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
Changing Your Site Owner
- In your Admin dashboard, head to your Users section, and find the current Site Owner profile.
Note: You can do this by clicking Filters, and selecting Role is and entering Owner
- Once you have located the current Site Owner, click the ellipses (three dots) by their profile, and select Edit
- Change the First Name, Last Name, and email address of the old Site Owner to the new Site Owner's information.
- You'll want to reset the password on the next Password tab too.
Note: changing the Site Owner password will sign you out of your Thinkific site. Use the new password to sign back in.
If you are assigning the Site Owner role to a user with an existing profile, you will first need to remove the email from the previous user (otherwise you will see an error stating "email is already in use").
If the user was previously listed as a Site Admin, in order to remove that user's profile, you will need to remove their Site Admin permissions first. Site Admin and Owner profiles can't be deleted without first removing their role from their profile.
- Then, click Save, and you'll be all set!
Send the new Site Owner their credentials and they'll now be able to access your Thinkific site as the Site Owner. If you were originally logged in as the Site Owner and changed the email address, you will be logged out once you save the new email address for the site owner profile.
If the new Site Owner already has a user profile created, you'll need to delete their old profile by selecting the Delete option next to their name on the Users page.