- What is the difference between app submission and app launch?
- Do I have to launch my branded app right away?
- Can I delay my branded app launch?
The Thinkific team will work with you to build your own branded app and ensure that it is approved by Apple and Google. This includes several steps:
- Working with you to build the app with your own branding and app store listings
- Submitting your app for review by Apple and Google
- Mitigating any issues that might come up during the process, including situations when the app is rejected
It is important to understand the difference between the App Submission and Approval and the App Launch. Below, we explain the difference between the two.
App Submission and Approval
This is the step in which Apple and Google review your branded app to ensure that your app is safe for its intended users, is compliant with app store policies, and satisfies all legal requirements. In this step, the Thinkific team will work closely with you to ensure that your app is approved. If your app is rejected, the team will work on remediating and addressing any feedback that Apple or Google have provided.
Once your app is approved, your app will be immediately visible on the Google Play Store, but it is not yet visible on the Apple App Store. You can select to make your app visible to the general audience in the Apple App Store when it works best for you.
This is the step in which you make the app available to your audience. On the Google Play Store, this step happens the moment your app is approved.
On the Apple App Store, the App Launch is independent of the App Approval. You may choose to do a silent release immediately once your app is approved or decide to accompany it with a larger marketing moment following your app approval. In either case, it is up to you!
You might choose to differ the app launch for many reasons:
- You want to test it with a small group of internal users or Beta testers
- You want to ensure that your marketing materials are prepared in time for the launch
- You want to update the app store listings with the new information
- You want the app launch to coincide with a major milestone in your business
- ...and more!
Whatever it might be, you have the flexibility to launch your app at a time that works for you. While the Thinkific team will not be able to assist you with your launch, you can rest knowing that your own branded app is approved and ready to be shared with your audience.
- The Thinkific team will work closely with you on ensuring that the app is approved, but it is up to you to decide when you want the app launched and available for your audience.