A call to action is included on your community landing page by default to encourage sign ups with an enticing phrase and simple button!
In this article:
About This Section
We have included a Call to action (community) section on your community landing pages to help you get set up quickly, so that you can focus on sharing your community! This section functions similar to other Call to action sections you likely have been using on various pages on your site.
It includes a customizable heading, optional subheading and button that links straight to your community checkout!
Adding a Call to Action (Community) Section
This section is included by default on your community landing pages. If you would like to add another Call to action (community) section:
- From your Admin Dashboard, select Design Your Site
- In Site Pages, select the community page where you want to add the section
- Click the pencil icon to edit this page in Site Builder
- Click Add section and select Call to action (community) from the list:
Optional: Rearrange the position of the new section, if necessary
- Select on Call to Action to open the section settings
- Select the Headings to adjust the heading and sub-heading
- Select Background & layout to adjust the background color and alignment
- Select Button to customize your button text, style and width on mobile
- Click Save to apply your changes
Headings: The heading is the title for the entire section. The subheading appears directly above or below the heading (depending on your Theme), and can be used to explain or reinforce the basic call to action.
Background & layout: Select your primary or secondary color for your background. These colors can be customized in your Theme Settings. You can also choose from a one column or two column layout. Your button will appear under your headings in a one column layout and to the right of your headings in a two column layout. Alignment defines how you would like your heading text aligned.
If you prefer to have a background image in your call to action, check out our other Call to action section type here.
Button: Button text will say 'Join today' by default and can be customized as desired. Button style allows you to set the button's text and background color to your theme's primary or secondary settings. Width on mobile can be standard or full. Selecting the full option means your button will fill the entire width of the screen when viewing on mobile.