Over the next few months, you may notice some changes to how your Communities look and function. As part of our ongoing effort to enhance your user experience, Thinkific is currently working on some improvements to make Communities a more integrative and immersive experience for you and your audience!
Read on to learn more about what we have in the works.
In this article:
About This Update
Communities offer your students a collaborative, interactive space where they can connect with their peers, teachers, and other learning partners to share their skills, knowledge, and questions in a structured environment.
At Thinkific, we recognize how important it is to foster those connections - which is why our team has been working hard behind the scenes to bring you new ways to use your built-in Learning Communities.
Click the links below to jump straight to an individual feature update, or continue reading through this article for a full overview.
- The upcoming features mentioned in this article are currently being built out and tested - this means that there is no guaranteed timeline for when each feature will be released. This article will continue to be updated as features are released, so keep checking back for the latest news on what features are currently available!
- Some of the features contained within this article require specific Thinkific pricing plans. For more information on which features are available under which pricing plans, check out our pricing plan feature comparison page.
Click to expand the dropdowns below to learn more about each update.
Building a strong Community for your students is an important part of the learning experience, which is why we've been working hard behind the scenes to bring you new features that will help you boost engagement and make an impact. Communities is now bigger and more interactive than ever with new Learning Communities - offering you the ability to price, package, bundle, and sell your Community as a product!
To learn more about new Learning Communities, check out our articles below:
New features that are coming include:
- Customizable moderator titles
- Customizable moderator permissions
- Moderator notifications
Updates to the Moderator Role feature will be posted as they are released, so keep checking back for the latest updates!
The Live Events feature offers you a valuable new way to educate your audience - by giving you the power to schedule, organize, and manage events - right inside your Community!
New releases for Live Events:
- RSVP for Live Events
- Live Events email notifications
New features that are coming to Live Events include:
- Download your event calendar file
Updates to Live Events feature will be posted as they are released, so keep checking back for the latest updates!
Available to all community participants (Students, Site Owners, and Admins), the Trending Posts feature enables both learners and creators to find posts that are exciting and gaining traction in their community.
Notifications for Students
The Notifications for Students feature provides your students with notifications (both within the Community and via email) of new posts, mentions, and replies within the Communities they are a part of!
With 1:1 notifications, your learners will be able to quickly see when others have responded to their posts and comments in their community with threaded replies. Additionally, students can see if they’ve been invited to join another conversation through '@' mentions of their profile.
1:Many notifications will notify your entire community when a new post is by Admins.
To learn more about the new features that we've recently released within Communities, check out these articles:
- Post directly from your Community home page
- Show Community members - see how many people there are within a Community!
...and finally, here are some of the other great features you can look forward to seeing in your Learning Communities:
- View comments in your Space feed (Coming Soon)
- Private Spaces (Coming Soon)
Do you have feedback on our Communities feature? We want to hear from you. We are continually making improvements and if there is functionality that would help your business, please let us know!