The Bulk Sell App offers creators a simple way to organize and manage their bulk sell products - giving you, the customer, an easy way to purchase bulk seats and view tiered pricing options. In this article, you will see what the checkout process looks like, and learn how to manage your bulk seat purchases as a Group Analyst!
This article is written for customers purchasing bulk licenses through the Bulk Sell App. For information for course creators, see Bulk Sell App: Overview.
In this article:
The Checkout Process
When purchasing bulk seats, you will reach the bulk checkout in one of two ways:
- The first way you can reach the bulk checkout only applies if the Site Owner is using a Thinkific sales page. If this is the case, you can purchase bulk seats by clicking on the call-to-action button(s) that have been automatically applied to the checkout. These buttons specifically state that the product is available for purchase in bulk, and they will only be visible for products that were added for bulk sale within the app by the Site Owner.
- The second option applies if the Site Owner is using a custom page, and not a Thinkific sales page. In this case, you will see a custom button for bulk purchase. This button will link you directly to the Bulk Sell checkout, where you can begin the checkout process.
When purchasing a product using the Bulk Sell checkout, you will follow the process outlined in steps 1 and 2 in the sections below.
Checkout Process - Step 1
After selecting a bulk product, you will be brought to this checkout page. From here, you will follow the checkout flow to complete the first step of your purchase, starting by entering your information. This includes:
- Your email address
- The number of seats you are looking to purchase
Note: If tiered pricing has been set for a product, the checkout page will include a clickable dropdown menu (shown in the above screenshot as "view pricing"). This menu will show a table containing all available pricing tiers.
- Your payment information
- A checkbox agreeing to the terms and conditions
Once you have completed these fields and your purchase has been approved, you will receive a copy of your receipt via email. You will now need to complete the second step of the process (outlined below).
Note: You will need to complete step 2 of the checkout process in order to assign your seats to an existing group, or create a new one.
Checkout Process - Step 2
In step 2 of the checkout process for bulk purchases, you will complete your account setup. After finalizing your purchase in Step 1, you will be prompted to sign into your existing Thinkific account (or create a new one if you do not already have one).
Once you have logged into your account, you will be assigned the Group Analyst role for the seats you have just purchased. This will be done automatically, and you will be brought to a screen where you can assign the newly purchased seats to a group by either:
- Selecting an existing group using the dropdown arrow; or,
- Creating a new group
Note: Group names cannot be changed once they are created
After the group has been created, you will be automatically directed to the page containing the products within that group. From this section, you will be able to:
- Add members
- Buy additional seats
- View how many seats have been assigned
- View the creation date for the Group
Note: Purchasers will automatically be assigned a Group Analyst role, however they will not be automatically assigned to the groups they create. This must be done by a Site Admin.
Adding Single Members
You can add members to your group from the Products page (mentioned above) that you are directed to immediately after purchasing your seats.
To add single members to your Group:
- Click on the Product you want to add the student to
- Click Add Member
- Select Single Member
- Enter the member's first name
- Enter the member's last name
- Add the member's email address
- Select the Group that you want to add the member to
- (Optional) Add the member as a Group Analyst
- Select Invite Member
Adding Members in Bulk
To bulk enroll members to your Group:
- Click on the Product you want to bulk enroll members to
- Click Add Member
- Select Bulk Enroll
- Use Browse Files to upload a .CSV containing the list of members you want to add
Note: You can click Download CSV Template to download a blank copy of the template containing the fields you will need to have to upload your member list
- Click Next, and your file upload will begin.
- The Group Analyst role for products purchased in bulk will have slightly different permissions than the typical Group Analyst role. Check out our Bulk Sell App: Features article for more details.
- Products with pre-set subscriptions or plan pricing are not currently compatible for bulk selling. You will only be able to purchase one time payment products in bulk.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to install the Bulk Sell App to buy bulk seats?
No. The Bulk Sell App is only required for Site Owners who want to sell and manage their bulk seat sales and tiered pricing. You do not need to install the app if you are simply purchasing multiple seats for a course or bundle. You can also manage your bulk seats with the Group Analyst role you've been assigned from right within Thinkific.
Can I take payment outside Thinkific and use the Bulk Sell App to manage enrolments only?
Currently, this is not possible. Transactions need to be done via the Bulk Sell app checkout in order to use the feature that allows purchasers to assign seats.
When I select tiered pricing, will it update the pricing of all the seats or only the seats in that tier?
Once you purchase seats in the next tier of pricing, the pricing for all of the seats you have purchased will change to reflect the next tier pricing! Pricing is set for the entire seat purchase by the tier level in which you purchase your seats.