With the Bulk Sell App by Thinkific Labs, you can sell multiple seats for your course to a single buyer - all in one transaction. You can also give your customers the power to manage the bulk seats they purchase as a Group Analyst!
In this article:
About This App
The Bulk Sell App gives you the ability to offer your customers a streamlined way to purchase multiple seats for a course at one time. You will be able to select the courses you'd like to offer bulk seating for, and set tiered pricing (optional) to incentivize your customers to purchase more seats.
Once your customer has purchased bulk seats within the App, they will be given a Group Analyst role, allowing them to:
- Manage student groups
- Enroll students, and
- View group progress
How It Works
Once installed, the Bulk Sell App will provide you with a new checkout option for your customers to purchase multiple seats for your courses at one time. To install the free App, head over to the Thinkific App Store, click install, and follow the prompts.
During setup of the Bulk Sell App, you will select Sync my Products to import your product catalog (your courses and bundles) from your Thinkific account. Once the App has finished importing your product catalog, it will continue to update and sync all items from your Thinkific account into the App going forward based on the settings you choose!
- The Bulk Sell App by Thinkific Labs is available on the Thinkific Plus plan
- You will need to have an active Stripe account connected to your Thinkific site to use the Bulk Sell App. Thinkific Payments is not currently supported.
- Products with a pre-set subscription or plan pricing will not be compatible for bulk selling, and will show as greyed out within the Manage Products list in the App
- Orders that have been made through the Bulk Sell App (rather than your regular checkout) will show within the App, and will not be reflected from the Orders page in your Admin Dashboard
From this section, you will be able to view Learning Products that you have available (Courses and Bundles), add tier pricing, and select seat purchase options.
Are you seeing greyed out products in your list? If a product in your list is greyed out, it means that the product is not compatible for bulk selling. This could be because the product is a draft, has subscription pricing, or already has additional bulk pricing applied.
Add Tier Pricing
Tiered pricing is an optional feature of the Bulk Sell App, which refers to the method in which you segment the price of your products to incentivize customers to purchase more of your product.
For example, you may choose to use tiered pricing to sell the first 1-30 seats of a course for $20 per seat, and offer the next 31-60 seats for $10 each - meaning if your customer purchases 50 seats in total, they will receive these seats at a price of $10 each, as they have purchased the second tier minimum (which would be from 31-60 seats).
Once your customer has purchased seats in the next tier of pricing, the pricing for all of the seats they have purchased will change to reflect the next tier pricing. Pricing is set for the entire seat purchase by the tier level in which the customer purchases their seats, rather than being incrementally lowered by tier.
To add tiered pricing to your products:
- Select all of the products you would like to set tiered pricing for, by clicking the boxes beside the product names.
- Click the button that says Add Tiered Pricing.
- In the Tier Pricing section, select the number of tiers you would like to set.
Note: You can configure up to 10 tiers per product
- Add the pricing you want to set, from the minimum number of seats to the maximum, and what the cost per seat will be.
- Once you have added your tiered pricing, hit Continue.
- Select the call-to-action that you would like added to your checkout. If you are using a custom (non-Thinkific) checkout, check out our article here to learn more about this option.
- Once you have selected your call-to-action, hit Save & Apply, and confirm it again in the pop-up window.
Bulk seat purchases that do not have tiered prices configured will use the primary price set in the Thinkific platform.
Select Purchase Options
The Purchase Options button allows you to select which courses you want to offer as single seat only, which courses you want to offer as bulk seat only, and which courses you want to offer both options for.
To apply a Purchase Option to your courses:
- Select the checkbox to the left of the title of each course you'd like to bulk apply the Purchase Option on.
- Click the Purchase Options button, and select which option you'd like to apply to the selected courses.
- Select Apply.
- You will then see a popup confirming your changes. Click Yes, apply.
Once you have applied the Purchase Option to your product(s), a call to action will be created for your Thinkific site to inform your customers of this option at the checkout.
The Purchase Option you select for your product will reflect immediately on the product page, and go live on your Thinkific Site after it has been applied.
During the setup process, and after installation, you will have the opportunity to customize certain visual aspects of your bulk checkout page, including:
- Primary font
- Primary color
- Checkout Language
The Orders tab in the App provides an overview of all purchases that have been made; with the option to include orders made through both the Bulk Sell App and through your regular checkout, or to select only orders made through the Bulk Sell App.
To include purchases made through your Thinkific page, click the checkbox at the top of the orders list on this page:
From this section, you will also be able to view:
- The date the order was placed
- The Order number
- The Product name
- The Order status
- The source (if you have chosen to have Thinkific orders pulled into the app, these will show as 'Thinkific' under the source column)
- The dollar amount
- The price type (primary or tiered)
- The seats used/available (only on bulk applicable products)
...As well as export a list of orders!
Orders completed with the Bulk Sell App will not appear on your Orders page within Thinkific
Learn more about exporting Orders with Bulk Sell App: Exporting Orders.
In the payment settings tab, you will find the information for your Stripe account connection: