The Bulk Sell App allows your customers to buy multiple seats for your courses at one time, and grants you the ability to set tiered pricing for those seats. In this article, you'll learn more about the features you can find within the App!
In this article:
About This Feature
If you are new to the Bulk Sell App, the best place to start is our Bulk Sell App: Overview article. Paired with the Overview article, this article will give you a bit more insight into additional features that are available within the Bulk Sell App, and how to use those features.
- You will need to have an active Stripe account connected to your Thinkific site to use the Bulk Sell App
- This App is only available on Thinkific Plus
- Selling communities in bulk is not currently supported. Other restrictions on products (such as bundles and memberships) may apply.
Once you have applied Purchase Options from the Bulk Sell App to your products, a call-to-action button will automatically be created for that product on your checkout page.
- If you have selected only single seat options, your customers will only see one call-to-action button to purchase single seats on that page. A bulk seat option will not be available.
- If you have selected only bulk seat options, your customers will only see one call-to-action button to purchase bulk seats on that page. A single seat option will not be available.
- If you have selected both bulk and single seat options, you will see two separate call-to-action buttons on that page.
If you are not using a Thinkific sales page, you can copy the checkout URL to add to your own site from the product page (you can read more about this in the next section).
The Purchase Option you select for your product will reflect immediately on the product page, and go live on your Thinkific Site after it has been applied.
From the Manage Products tab in the Bulk Sell App, you can click on an individual product to view the Product Details.
In this section you will be able to see:
- The product name
- The product type (bundle or course)
- The pricing type (primary or tiered)
- If your product has a primary price (set in Thinkific), you can use the button in the top right to change this to tiered pricing. Primary pricing can only be updated from the Thinkific page.
- The code snippet for your Purchase URL (if you are using a custom website, this is the URL you will use to link your bulk sell checkout to your page)
- A full report on the product
Group Analyst Role
Once your customers have used the Bulk Sell App to make a bulk purchase, they will take on a Group Analyst role for those seats. The Group Analyst role will allow your customers to manage student groups and view group progress, but not only will your Group Analysts be able to work with all of the current features available for the Group Analyst role, they will also be able to enroll students!
There are a few key differences between the Group Analyst role in Thinkific, and the Group Analyst role that is assigned to purchasers via the Bulk Sell App. The two important differences are:
- Group Analysts that have been assigned via the Bulk App will not be automatically added to the Groups they have created. This must be done by a Site Admin.
- The ability to enroll students with the Group Analyst role is currently only available for seats that have been purchased in bulk within the Bulk Sell App. Customers who have purchased seats outside of the App will not see the option to enroll students with the regular Group Analyst role.
To learn more about how this feature looks for your customers, visit our Bulk Sell App: Customer Experience article.
When your customer selects one of the courses that you have set up to sell multiple seats for (and/or added tiered pricing to), they will go through the Bulk Sell App checkout flow.
This checkout flow will allow them to select the number of seats they wish to purchase, and create an account (if they do not already have one) which will provide them access to the Group Analyst role to manage those seats.
If you have tier pricing set up for the product, your customer will also be able to view the tier pricing by clicking on View Tier Pricing, located directly under the number of seats in the checkout.
To learn more about the Customer Experience within the Bulk Sell App, check out our Bulk Sell App: Customer Experience article.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I see orders placed through the Bulk Sell App in my Thinkific Orders?
No. Any orders that are made through the Bulk Sell App will only show up within the App. If you'd like to pull a report of all of your orders, you can either pull all of the orders into the Bulk Sell App and export the orders list from there, or you can view all of your orders through your Stripe account.
If one of my products if greyed out on the Manage Products tab, can I still set a bulk option for it?
Products that are greyed out on the main Manage Products list are not applicable for bulk settings (they may be part of a subscription pricing plan, they could be in draft, or they may have other bulk pricing applied). One workaround for this would be to duplicate the product in question, and change the setting that is blocking the product from being applicable for bulk settings. Then, you can apply bulk settings to the duplicate product in the Bulk Sell App.
Do I still need to connect a Stripe account when setting up the app, even if there is one connected to Thinkific?
Yes, you will still need to connect a Stripe account, as Bulk Sell app is a separate application and maintained separately.