You’ve got the skills; now you need the clients. This guide will cover the essentials of finding clients as an Agency Partner - 4 key strategies with a checklist of steps so you can get started today.
This guide is for our Thinkific-approved Partners - not a part of the Program yet? Join here.
What's in the guide?
The Thinkific Store on Fiverr is a private marketplace of Thinkific-approved Agencies and Freelancers (like you!) where you can get in front of customers, offer your skills, and build your client pool. This is the place to offer specific tasks and small projects, not a site overhaul.
Some examples of great Fiverr Gigs:
• Minor changes to a client’s theme code
• Creating a logo or marketing material
• Helping install an App from The Thinkific App Store
Psst… small jobs still have big value. No need to undercut yourself!
- Join the Fiverr Store (*Make sure you change your profile to “Seller”)
- Add a Gig
- Submit your Gig to Thinkific
What should I offer?
• Your specialty; simple Gigs you can execute well (and earn 5-star reviews)
• Find a gap; what help is missing from the current Thinkific x Fiverr offerings?
• Find common challenges by joining the Thinkific Facebook Group and watching posts
How can I get my Gig noticed?
• Use the Thinkific logos and “Partner” Badge in your branding - find yours in PartnerStack
• Make sure your Seller profile is 100% complete to get featured
• Add a Gig video; a high-quality Gig video can increase sales 200%
Get more tips and tricks from Fiverr
How is the Thinkific Fiverr Store different from the Experts Marketplace?
The Experts Marketplace is where Expert-level Thinkific Partners help with a variety of larger projects; like a top-to-bottom brand design. Many of our Experts also have minimum requirements for both hours and cost, and may not be willing to commit to shorter projects. The Fiverr Store is where clients go when they need help with smaller jobs - like redesigning a logo. Make your Gigs, clear, concise and specific to attract clients who are ready to hire!
Learn how to join the Experts Marketplace
EXPERT EXAMPLE: Linda Reed-Enever from Enevergroup
A clear offer with Thinkific in the title
• The Thinkific Badge and the seller (Linda) in the cover image builds trust with the customer (find yoursin PartnerStack)
• The description outlines Linda’s experience, empathizes with a course creator problem, and details exactly what will be delivered to the customer
“Being part of the Thinkific Fiverr store has been a great way for us to work with course creators just starting out. We don’t offer our full services suite on Fiverr, just entry-level services. You don’t have to undercut yourself or others to sell on Fiverr - just offer value! Gigs can be as simple as a template for people to use.”
Linda Reed-Enever from Enevergroup
The Thinkific Facebook Group
Thinkific has a wonderful Facebook Group of online Course Creators. Members share tips and advice with each other and celebrate each other’s successes. By engaging and supporting members, you can learn more about the needs of Thinkific Creators and connect with potential clients.
- Join the Thinkific Facebook Group
- Engage with the community by:
• Creating an original post
• Replying to questions
(See Expert examples below!)
What to post:
The goal is to start building trust with the community as a go-to resource for course creator challenges. This can be tricky — sometimes what feels helpful to you, feels like obvious sales or marketing to the community which creates mistrust instead.
• Help first; everything you post should be valuable and helpful to those in the group. Ask yourself: “what challenges have I overcome”?
• Talk about how you solved a problem for another course creator (like by integrating an App from the Thinkific App Store)
• Tips on a specific topic in your area of expertise. Community members love to learn from bite-sized advice based on personal experience
EXPERT EXAMPLE: Rob Galvin of superpowerups.com
Example 1: Original Post
- A clear, visual example of how Thinkific is used to host an event
- Showcases the Partner’s (Rob's) expertise
- The content is clear, well organized, and offers valuable information
Example 2: Reply
• Rob gives an epic and actionable reply with specific details
• The answer is supported with a link providing more information and context (you can post links to the Thinkific Help Center or other Thinkific resources freely)
“Leave EPIC actionable replies that make the immediate problem go away or get better for the author of the post. Don’t leave them hanging, send them on wild goose chases or give them more “things to think about” so you can sound good. Solve their immediate pain and you will be their hero. “
Rob Galvin of superpowerups.com
The goal of content marketing is to establish your expertise and attract traffic through easily findable and valuable resources. These could be blogs, YouTube videos, newsletters, Tweets, Instagram posts, etc. Content marketing is about the long game - over time it has the potential to build your reputation and generate leads.
- Choose your topic
Focus on what you can do best and see where it fits within Thinkific customer needs
- Create and Iterate
Create clear, helpful content that potential clients can act on. Don’t be afraid to share! Iterate on what gains traction and move on from what doesn’t.
- Add a Call-to-Action
A Call-to-Action prompts the potential client to engage directly with you. They should not go searching for a way to contact you, make it easy for them!
What to post:
• Scope out common needs by engaging in the Thinkific Facebook Group and online forums like Reddit, or by reading up on the topics in the Thinkific Help Center
• Ask the community what their biggest challenges are and watch for trending answers. If the content already exists, make something even better. If not, be a trailblazer!
• Offering guidance on a very specific Thinkific topic (like installing an App from the Thinkific App Store) can attract course creators dealing with a problem. Think: “When might a Creator get stuck and look for help?”
How to stand out:
- Use of Thinkific’s marketing images and your Partner badge to establish your expertise (find yours in PartnerStack)
- Approach your content as a friend first, business second. Offering genuine, valuable help builds the trust you need with potential Customers
EXPERT EXAMPLE: Alethea Tuitahi of Cloud XS
Example: YouTube Video
“How to create a coupon code in your Thinkific online course”
• A specific topic (“How to create a coupon code”) that Thinkific users are likely to search for
• The video walks through the process, providing genuine help to the viewer
• Features the Expert (Alethea); building trust and familiarity with potential customers!
Get a full Thinkific run-down on content creation here
“Content marketing boosts your visibility and online presence. Creating an ecosystem of helpful & engaging content (ie. social, blogs, videos, newsletters) showcases your skills and talents. Always have a call to action, whether that is to download a freebie or to book a free call with you as this encourages the reader to take the next step to enter into your funnel.”
Alethea - CloudXS
Convert Clients to Thinkific
People who are already using Thinkific are great to connect with on Fiverr and the Thinkific Facebook Group… but what about everyone else? Chances are that you know a lot of other people who could turn their knowledge into a revenue generating course (with your help as a Partner)!
- Activate PartnerStack
Make sure your PartnerStack account is activated through the email invite you received when joining! Here you’ll find ready-to-use marketing materials, including images, logos, and social media content.
- Post your Unique Referral Links
Offer potential clients exclusive deals and earn referral fees by posting your referral links. Find them under “Links” in PartnerStack.
- Offer Consultations
A 1:1 chat with potential Course Creators is your chance to showcase your work and see how Thinkific can grow their business
How do I use referral links?
1. Navigate to “Links” on the left-hand menu of PartnerStack.
2. Every time someone uses your “Default Link”, you’ll receive:
- Earn 30% for all new paid referrals
- $150 per month for each referred annual Plus plan subscription
- $150 recurring for every Plus plan referral
3. Offer an exclusive FREE 1 month of Pro + Growth! Find this under your “Custom Links” - it ends in “omf”
What do I say about Thinkific?
Under “Resources” in PartnerStack, you’ll find ready-to-share marketing materials, including:
• Prewritten Email Swipe Copy
• Prewritten Social Media Swipe Copy
• A Thinkific Video Demo
EXPERT EXAMPLE: Yasaf Burshan from GeniusZone
Example: Offer a free intro call
• GeniusZone’s website features Thinkific as a Business Partner, complete with the Thinkific logo (find yours under “Resources” in PartnerStack)
• The Call to Action (“Start Here”) connects clients directly to Yasaf
• A 30-minute free consultation builds trust and is your opportunity to showcase Thinkific and your work.
“If a picture is worth a thousand words and a video a million, then a live call is priceless! Potential clients are most receptive to the idea of online courses because it provides a great opportunity to scale up their business without the burn-out of additional hours. Use the power of live calls to assess if the client and you make a great mutual fit and handle objections in real-time.”
Yasaf Burshan - GeniusZone
Bonus: Brand Yourself with Thinkific
PartnerStack is here to get you hired! Whether it’s on Fiverr, Facebook, YouTube, or your own personal website, showcase yourself as an official Thinkific Agency Partner.
- Wear your Partner Badge with pride
Your Associate Partner Badge is available in png and svg formats in PartnerStack. You can use this across all your online platforms to distinguish yourself as a trusted Partner. Note that moving up to Specialist and Expert tiers will grant you new badges to use!
- Get recognized with Thinkific logos
Use the Thinkific logo across social media to get instant recognition. Whether this is on your personal website, your Fiverr Gig, or YouTube video, using logos adds professionalism and builds trust with your audience.
Can’t find your PartnerStack invite? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn More About