- What data is included in the Payout Transaction Report export?
- What information comes in the Payouts Report CSV file?
In addition to the information displayed on-screen in the Payouts Report, you also have the option to export your Payouts report to a CSV file. The exported version of the report contains additional transaction details for each payout and has been designed to support account reconciliation and other standard accounting practices.
A CSV (comma-separated values) file is a type of file used to store categorized data values, like the information contained within your Payouts report. CSV files can be opened with most spreadsheet software programs, including Microsoft Excel, Numbers, and Google Sheets.
Looking for more general information on this reporting feature? Check out our Thinkific Payments: Payouts article.
How to Export the Payouts Report
- Navigate to the Payouts page under Market & Sell
- Click Export and select Payout Transaction Details
(Note that the Export button will be inactive if you do not yet have any Payouts activity to export.)
- Select the date range of the Payouts information you want to include in the export
- You can use the ellipsis menu to select a preset date range (e.g. last 30 days, last 3 months)
- If no payouts exist on the dates you select, the Export CSV button will be inactive
- Click Export CSV to begin the export — the exported CSV file will be sent to your account email when it is ready
- Check your email for an email with the subject Thinkific Export: Payout Transaction Details
- Open the email and click on the link to download the file
Can't find the Export email?
Once processed, your exported CSV file is emailed to the email associated with your Thinkific account. Depending on the size of the data set you are exporting, it may take as long as an hour to appear, though in most cases it should arrive within a few minutes.
Emails from Thinkific are sent from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are using Email White Labelling, students will receive emails from the custom email domain you have set up with Thinkific.
If you don't see the email, make sure to check your spam folders in case it was automatically filtered.
Payouts Report Data
The Payout Transaction Details export includes the following data fields:
- Payout ID: unique payout ID
- Date Created (UTC): the date the Payout was created (and transmitted)
- Est. arrival date (UTC): the most likely date on which the Payout will arrive in the connected bank account
- Payout status: the Payout status (in transit, paid, failed, canceled)
- Order: the Order number, useful for cross-referencing with the Orders report
- Transaction ID: unique transaction ID
- Transaction date (UTC): the date on which the transaction occurred
- Transaction type: the type of transaction (payment, refund)
- Payout currency: the currency in which the payout was made
- Payout amount: the transaction amount in the payout currency
- Payout fees/tax: total fees and tax withheld on the transaction, shown in the payout currency
- Payout net amount: the payout amount minus the fees, shown in the payout currency
- Transaction currency: the currency in which the transaction occurred
- Transaction subtotal: the transaction subtotal (i.e., before tax), shown in the transaction currency
- Transaction tax: the tax charged on the subtotal, shown in the transaction currency
- Transaction total: the subtotal and tax combined, shown in the transaction currency
- Transaction fees: total fees paid on the transaction, shown in the transaction currency
- Transaction net amount: the transaction amount minus the tax and fees, shown in the transaction currency
- Pricing type: the type of order (one-time, subscription, payment plan)
- Product: the name of the course or bundle the student purchased
- Name: the full name of the student who purchased the product
- Email: the email of the student who purchased the product
- Provider: which payment processor handled the transaction
- Payment method: how the student paid, e.g. credit card
- Affiliate: if the student was referred by an affiliate, the affiliate's name is displayed
- Bank account: the bank account to which the Payout was made
- The Payouts export does not include future or planned Payouts, it will only include Payouts that have already been transmitted to a connected bank.
- While the Payouts and Orders pages show dates based on your local time zone, the Payouts export uses the UTC time zone for all dates. Depending on where you live and the timing of specific payouts, this may result in a payout or transaction showing as one day earlier or later in the Payouts table than the date in the exported CSV.
- All amount values (e.g. Fee, Net Amount) in the CSV will be given in the Payout currency, as explained in our Payouts article.