If a student has subscribed to two similar bundles on my site that share some of the same courses but decides to cancel one bundle, will they lose access to the courses shared between the two?
If a student subscribes to two Course Bundles that share the same course(s) and later cancels one of their bundle subscriptions, they will not lose access to the overlapping course(s). If you would like to learn more about why this is the case, check out the example scenarios below.
The most important thing to be aware of is that, in any scenario that involves course expiry dates, the expiry date furthest in the future will apply to the course enrollment.
Let's say a student enrolls in a monthly subscription bundle on January 1 and also enrolls in a second monthly subscription bundle on January 5. For a course shared between the two bundles, the expiry date would be February 5. Remember, this expiry date will update monthly when a successful subscription payment goes through.
This can sound a bit complicated, so it's easiest if we look at an example:
- Bundle A includes Course 1 and Course 2. It is priced as a monthly subscription. A student purchases Bundle A on Jan. 1. The student's access to courses in the Bundle is set to expire on Feb. 1.
- Bundle B has Course 1 and Course 3. It is priced as a monthly subscription. The same student purchases Bundle B on Jan. 5. The student's access to courses in the bundle is set to expire on Feb. 5.
Scenario 1: Student Cancels Bundle A on Jan. 10
- Since the student purchased Bundle B on Jan. 5, Course 1 access expires on Feb. 5. Even though they canceled Bundle A, the subscription to Bundle B will renew on Feb. 5, so they won't lose access to Course 1.
Scenario 2: Student Cancels Bundle B on Jan. 10
- Since the student purchased Bundle B on Jan. 5, Course 1 access expires on Feb. 5. Even though they canceled Bundle B, the subscription to Bundle A will renew on Feb. 1, so they won't lose access to Course 1.
- If the student then canceled Bundle A on Feb. 10, they would lose access to Courses 1 and 2 at the end of their billing period for Bundle A, on March 1.
Scenario 3: Student Cancels both Bundle A and B on Jan. 10
- Since the student purchased the subscription to Bundle B on Jan. 5, Course 1 access expires at the end of the billing period, on Feb. 5 (the course expiry date furthest in the future).
Learn More About