- Why do I see an error "Not Secure" when I load my site?
- Is my SSL not working?
Browser errors that say "Site not secure" are often related to not having your site secured with SSL.
If you created your Thinkific account before June 6th, 2017, we suggest checking to make SSL is turned on for your Thinkific site, in your account settings. Learn more about how to do that here!
Any Thinkific accounts created after June 6th, 2017 will have an SSL certificate automatically enabled, even once a custom domain is set up.
Another common reason for seeing a "Site not secure" error is if you're using a custom domain and your domain host also has SSL enabled for your site. In this case there are two options to resolve the error:
- Use your domain host's SSL certificate for your Thinkific site with our custom SSL certificates feature available on the Expand plan or higher.
- Use Thinkific's SSL certificate, and contact your domain host to disable their SSL certificate
In some cases, when using a custom domain, your domain host may not allow you to use the SSL certificate Thinkific issued for your Thinkific site. Please get in touch with our Support Team if this is the case.
- When your site is secured with SSL, you will see https:// before your site URL instead of http://
- If you choose to use a custom SSL certificate, please refer to our feature guide on this for additional steps to set this up.