Use the Social proof: testimonials section to feature testimonials from past students or colleagues, and show prospective students that you and your products are worth their time!
In this article:
About This Section
The Social proof: testimonials section allows you to share any testimonials you may have about you, your products, or your content in general. Unlike the Social proof: review section, it does not require any specific input into Thinkific, so you can use testimonials that have come from other sources: teaching work you've done off-line, feedback from past colleagues, or anything else that is relevant to who you are and what you will bring to the table in your products.
Social proof sections are a great way to demonstrate to visitors that your products provide real benefits, and that other students have already used your products and found them to be valuable. They help build trust in your brand, and create enthusiasm for your products.
If you're having trouble finding material for this section, don’t be afraid to reach out to your network to get some glowing words about the work you’ve done — and a nice photo, to include with those words!
Where to Use This Section
- Home page
- Course landing page
- Community landing page
- Bundle landing page
- Coming soon page
- Custom pages
You can use the testimonials section on a specific course, community, or bundle landing page, or even on your home page; it all depends on what sort of testimonials you have available, how specific they are to your product content, and where you expect to get a lot of visitors. If you have powerful, engaging testimonials, you want to make sure they are front and center.
Adding a Social Proof: Testimonials Section
- From your Admin Dashboard, select Design Your Site
- In Site Pages, select the page where you want to add the section
- Click the pencil icon to edit this page in Site Builder:
- Click Add section and select Social proof: testimonials from the list:
- The new Social proof: testimonials section card should appear at the bottom of your sections; drag the cards to rearrange the position of the sections if necessary
- Click on Social proof: testimonials to open the section settings
- Click on the Add testimonial button; a new card will appear in the Blocks section
- Click on the Testimonial card and enter the relevant information: author name, role, and the text of the testimonial.
- Click on Upload Image under the Avatar section to upload an image to accompany the testimonial.
- Optional: Repeat steps 5-7 to add any additional testimonials you want to include in the section; you can reorder the testimonials by dragging and dropping the individual cards
- Optional: Customize the section as required (see below for options)
- Click Save to save your changes
Headings: The heading is the title for the entire section, and the subheading appears directly below the heading. Alignment controls the alignment of the heading and subheading.
Background Image: You can upload a background image for the testimonials; the overlay color and opacity set a filter overtop the background image, to help ensure it doesn't distract from the testimonials. (This customization option is only available in some Themes and Styles.)
Testimonial: You can set the author and role for whoever you are quoting in the testimonial, and also upload an avatar image. Most importantly, the text field contains the actual testimonial. The content will be deployed differently depending on your specific Theme and Style, so make sure to keep an eye on your preview to see what it will look like.
For in-depth examples of our different Themes and Styles in action, check out our Theme Demo Site. Use the buttons along the bottom of the page to browse all the different possibilities!