- Is there a way to back up a course?
- Can I download my whole course?
- Is there a way to download my lessons?
We don't currently have the option to export an entire course from The Thinkific Course Builder as one file, but as a best practice, we do suggest keeping copies of your course content saved to your local files or to the Cloud.
Although we don't offer a "bulk download" feature right now, you can still download your videos and PDFs from Thinkific if required, directly from lessons within the Course Builder.
Here's how to download and save different types of Thinkific Lesson content from your course:
- Download Video Lesson video files from the Video Library by following these instructions: Download a Video from Your Video Library.
- Download PDFs from PDF Lessons and audio files from Audio Lessons by clicking the Download button from within the lesson in the course builder.
- Download Lesson files by clicking the Download button while Previewing your Course as a Student.
- Save the original PDF upload for Presentation Lessons in your computer files or the Cloud.
- Copy and paste any Text Lesson, Quiz Lesson, and Survey Lesson content by following these instructions: Export Quiz Questions.
- Audio lessons can be downloaded from directly within the Course Builder, by following these instructions: Audio lessons.
- All of our data is stored in a secure database hosted on the AWS cloud platform, and data is synchronously replicated to a standby instance to ensure backup in case of any server issues. We always recommend keeping copies of your files locally (or on the cloud), as well as on Thinkific, to ensure you have a personal backup of your content. This is also important for keeping backup iterations or versions of your content, as we store only the most current version of your content/site.
- If you're looking to copy lessons between courses or duplicate lessons within a course on your Thinkific site, check out our Copy Lessons feature.
- If you're looking to download a course in order to copy it to another Thinkific site, learn more about that here!
- If you're looking to bulk import content to a Thinkific course after you've downloaded it, check out our Bulk Importer feature.
Learn More About