When using a Site Builder theme, you're able to control whether your course curriculum starts out collapsed or expanded, without touching your theme code!
How the Section Setting Works
The Curriculum [smart section] that is automatically added to course landing pages in Site Builder includes a setting to control whether the chapter sections are expanded or collapsed when the page first loads.
By default, the section will show only the first chapter expanded, to help indicate to students that the other sections can also collapse/expand. You can change this setting so that all the chapters start out fully expanded.
How to Change the Default Curriculum Collapse/Expand State
- Under Design Your Site, click on Theme Library
- Click Build on the Site Builder theme you'd like to edit
- Click on Courses, then open the specific landing page you're looking to change
- Click on the Curriculum [smart section]
- Click on Layout
- Check or uncheck the box next to Collapsed by default, as desired
- Click Save.