Learn how to recreate Course contents and Thank you page upsells section in your new Site Builder theme! This applies to V1, Ice Cream and Horizon themes only.
This is for course creators that are migrating from a Legacy (Pre-Site Builder) theme to Site Builder. Not sure if this applies to you? Learn more here.
In this article:
Most section types from your legacy theme will automatically be migrated to your new Site Builder theme, however Course Content (V1, Ice Cream and Horizon themes) and Thank You Page Upsells (V1 themes) will not migrate due to functionality changes. If you want to create these in your Site Builder theme, we have some alternative options with similar functionality!
Course Content Section
If your legacy theme was V1, Ice Cream or Horizon, your course landing pages had a section called Course Content. This section included a heading What's included? as well as the an icon summary of the total number of lessons for each lesson type.
We removed this section in Site Builder themes as we added enhancements to the Curriculum Site Builder Section. The Curriculum in Site Builder now includes a lesson type icon for each lesson:
If you prefer to add an additional section that is similar to Course Content, we recommend creating this manually using an Icons & text section.
How to Add an Icons & Text Section
- In Site Builder, navigate to your course landing page
- Click Add Section
- Select Icons & text from the list
- The new Icons & text should appear at the bottom of your sections; drag the section to rearrange the position of the sections if necessary
- Click Icons & text to open the customization menu
- Click Headings
- In the Heading field, add your desired heading. Ex. What's included?
- Click one of the Icon & text blocks
- Under Icon, search for an icon that best represents your lesson type. Ex. video
- Select your desired icon
- Under Name, input the name of your lesson type. Ex. Video Lessons
- Under Description, input the total number of lessons of that particular type in your course
- Click Save to apply changes
- Repeat steps 8 through 13 for all of your lesson types
- If you need additional Icon & text blocks, click the blue Add icon & text button
Thank You Page Upsells Using After Purchase Flow
Upsells on thank you pages can be customized per course with our After Purchase Flow feature! This feature provides a ton of customization options from custom thank you messaging and upsells per pricing option to sending students to custom URLs after purchase!
If you are interested in using this feature, check out: After Purchase Flow
Customizing Your Default Thank Your Page
Alternatively, if you prefer a simpler option like having the same product listed across all thank you pages, you can add a section directly to your default Thank You page in Site Builder. With this option, the section you add will be visible on the Thank You page for every purchase. It cannot be customized per course or pricing option.
How to Add a Section to Your Default Thank You Page
- Go to Site Builder
- Select Default pages
- Select Checkout - thank you
- Click Add section
- Select Additional products
- Click Additional products to view customization options
- Click Add product
- Select the Product block
- Search or choose a product from the dropdown menu
- Click Save to apply changes
- Repeat steps 7 through 10 to add more products if desired