- How can I use the Bulk Excude All Affiliates on a course, but then make an exception for a few Affiliates?
- How do the Bulk Exclude All Affiliates and Bulk Include All Affiliates buttons in Course settings actually work?
By default, Affiliates in Thinkific earn commissions from any course or product purchase made by their associated students. You have 2 options for managing the courses an Affiliate earns commission for:
- You can exclude course(s) for an individual Affiliate in their user settings
- You can also exclude a course from all Affiliates via the course settings
If your goal is to have a new course that only a select few of your Affiliates can promote, you will want to use these two options in tandem: first, by excluding all Affiliates from the course, and then by adding only the Affiliates you want.
- Go to Manage Learning Content
- Select Courses
- Click on the course you want to edit
- Navigate to the Settings tab
- Click on Admins, Revenue Partners & Affiliates in the left navigation
- Scroll down to the Affiliates section
- Click on Bulk Remove Current Affiliates
- Optional: Check off the Exclude New Affiliates... button to ensure that any new Affiliates you create will also not receive a link for this course.
- Click the X on the top left to return to your Admin Dashboard
- Go to Support Your Students
- Select Users
- Locate the Affiliate who you want to have access to the course, and click on their name
- Navigate to the Affiliate tab
- Click into the Excluded Products drop-down
- In the Excluded Products list, you should see the newly-excluded Course; click on the X to remove it from the list.
You will have to repeat steps 10 through 15 for each Affiliate you want to earn commissions for the course.
- If you want most of your Affiliates to be able to promote the course, but not one or two, just follow the instructions for Excluding an Individual Affiliate instead.