If you have installed the Mailchimp app and need to remove Thinkific access temporarily, you can do this right within Mailchimp.
In this article:
Before Getting Started
Revoking access to Thinkific will immediately stop new students from being added to your Mailchimp list. If you plan on reconnecting the same Mailchimp account, you'll want to make sure to do so right away to ensure new sign ups are added to your list!
To move as quickly as possible, make sure you are already logged into your Thinkific account as the Site Owner as well as Mailchimp.
Step 1: Revoke Thinkific Access in Mailchimp
- Log in to Mailchimp
- Click your profile image and choose Account
- Click the Extras drop-down menu and select API keys
- Scroll down to the Authorized applications section
- Click X next to Thinkific
- If you scroll down again, you'll see Thinkific will now be missing from the list
Step 2: Uninstall/Reinstall Mailchimp from your Apps Page
- In Thinkific, click on Apps
- Locate Mailchimp in your Installed Apps section and click on the red garbage can icon to uninstall the app
- Click OK on the confirmation dialog that appears
- Locate Mailchimp in the Thinkific App Store
- Click to Install the app
- This will return you to the Apps page — locate the Mailchimp block and click Configure
- Under Account, click Connect Account
- You will be redirected to Mailchimp’s login page
- Input your Mailchimp login information, and click Allow to authorize the app
- Once you've successfully logged into Mailchimp, you'll be taken back to your Apps page
- Locate Mailchimp under your Installed Apps, and click Settings
- Under Account, use the drop-down menu to select a target Mailchimp list
- Click Save
And you're done!