- Why do my Presentation slides look grainy?
- Why is my Presentation blurry?
- Increase resolution of PDFs in Thinkific Presentation slides
- Resolution is poor in presentation slides
To give you a bit of background on this, when uploading your PDF to a Presentation Lesson, it is converted to JPG images to render as individual slides. Our Presentation lesson uses a third party service to convert the PDFs to JPGs and this is the default resolution output.
The reason that it is not higher resolution is to prevent larger file sizes, which can slow down your student experience. We have found this to be the best option to balance quality with performance.
That said, there are a few things you can do on your end to help improve the resolution. We often find this helps with MS Powerpoint and Google Slides:
- The ideal aspect ratio for Thinkific Presentation Lessons is Widescreen 16:9 (1920px by 1080px), so you'll want to make sure to upload a PDF with that aspect ratio
- Here is how to change the display ratio in MS Powerpoint and in Google Slides
- Additionally, make sure that any images you are using in your presentation are high resolution