- Why can't my student log in?
- Why can't my student reset their password?
Students are able to reset their password (they may have forgotten it!). If your student has not received their password reset token and they've checked their email spam and junk folders, here's what we recommend you do to help:
As a first step, you can start out by confirming that the student has an account on your site, and that their email address is spelled correctly by heading to the Users section of your admin dashboard. If their email address isn’t there, you can check if their name exists under a different email address. When students cannot access a course or their account we often find it is because they are using the wrong or misspelled email address.
Ensure the student is logging into your site rather than www.thinkific.com. If they are logging into www.thinkific.com they will not receive their password reset token. This is link is for Thinkific Course Builders and not students. We recommend that students log into your site from the sign in page. That page lives here: https://yoursite.thinkific.com/users/password/new. Students can reset their password by going to your Thinkific site, clicking Sign in and then selecting Forgot my password.
You can send students your sign-in link and ask them to bookmark it! It will be formatted like this: https://yoursite.thinkific.com/users/sign_in
If your students are having any issues resetting their passwords, make sure to ask them to:
- Search your Inbox and Spam folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure that email@example.com is added to your safe sender list in your email provider
- Make sure you use the Forgot Password option on the course creator Thinkific URL, resetting at Thinkific.com will not work for students
- If you see Error: reset token failed, this usually happens when clicking Forgot my password many times and attempting to use an old link. It can also happen if you click on a link that is over 6 hours old. We recommend clicking Forgot my password one more time and use the most recent email only.
If needed, you can also manually reset passwords for your students. Check out How to Manually Change a Password to learn more.