- Can I cc myself in course completion emails?
- Receive a notification on course completion
You can use our built-in email notifications or set up a notification using Zapier! Check out the details on both options below.
Course Completion Email
A simple way to receive a notification when a student completes a course is to use our Course Completion Email.
This email is triggered when your student reaches 100% completion in your course. You can simply make sure it is turned on and cc yourself or any other individual within the email!
- Go to Support Your Students
- Select Notifications
- Select Course completion email in the left menu
- Click Edit on the email you would like to update
- Make sure Send welcome email for [course name] is turned on
- Under When sending this email, also cc:
- Select a Site Admin from the dropdown menu (they will appear in this list by default
- OR type in your desired email address and click Enter on your keyboard
- Click Save
Trigger a Notification Using Zapier
- Create and log into your Zapier account
- Click + Create then, New Zap to create a new zap from your Zapier Admin Dashboard
- Search for Thinkific in the search bar under App event
- Select Thinkific
- Under Event, choose Course Completed as your event
- Under Choose Account, click Sign in and fill in the Subdomain field with your Thinkfic subdomain before clicking Yes, Continue
Your Thinkific subdomain can be found under Setting > Code & analytics > API from your Thinkific Admin Dashboard
- Click Accept & Install on the pop-up consent page
Once you accept and install, your Zapier and Thinkific accounts will be linked. You can confirm the integration by finding the Zapier app under Apps from your Thinkific Admin Dashboard.
- Click Continue under Thinkific Account
- Select the Course for which you would like to receive completion emails
- Click Continue
- You can choose whether or not you'd like to test your trigger
- Under Do this... select Email by Zapier (or Gmail)
- Select Send Outbound Email
- Click Continue and Customize your Email