- Can I cc myself in course completion emails?
- Receive notification on course completion
You can use our built in email notifications or set up a notification using Zapier! Check out details on both options below.
Course Completion Email
A simple way to receive a notification when a student completes a course is to use our Course Completion Email.
This email is triggered when your student reaches 100% completion in your course. You can simply make sure it is turned on and cc yourself or any other individual within the email!
- Go to Support Your Students
- Select Notifications
- Select Course completion email in the left menu
- Click Edit on the email you would like to update
- Make sure Send welcome email for [course name] is turned on
- Under When sending this email, also cc:
- Select a Site Admin from the dropdown menu (they will appear in this list by default
- OR type in your desired email address and click Enter on your keyboard
- Click Save
Trigger a Notification Using Zapier
- Head to Zapier.com and Create a Zap
- Choose Thinkific under Choose App & Events
- Choose Course Completed as your Event
- Click Continue
- When prompted, click Sign in to Thinkific
- Find your API key under Settings > Code & Analytics
- Paste the API key into the appropriate field
- In the next field, supply your subdomain. This can also be found under Settings > Code & Analytics but is typically whatever you have set as your URL before .thinkific.com
- Click Yes, Continue
- Click Continue under Thinkific Account
- Select the Course for which you would like to receive completion emails
- Click Continue
- You can chose whether or not you'd like to Test your Trigger
- Under Do this... select Email by Zapier (or Gmail)
- Select Send Outbound Email
- Click Continue and Customize your Email