If you haven't customized your course landing page or simply want it to direct it to another page, you can add some custom page code to redirect it!
These are general instructions. If you are redirecting for an external sales pages specifically, see Redirect Your Course Landing Page to an External Sales Page
Why redirect your course landing page?
Course landing pages are created by default when you create a course. There are various areas that students can access this page, including product smart sections on your site pages as well as from their Student Dashboard.
There are a few reasons why you might want to redirect your course landing page:
- If you are using an external sales page: Redirect Your Course Landing Page to an External Sales Page
- If you are selling a bundle and don't plan on customizing each individual course included, you can redirect your course landing pages to your bundle landing page
- If you have a custom page or another page on your site that you would like to display instead
To Redirect Your Course Landing Page
- Go to Manage Learning Products
- Select Courses
- Click on a specific course
- Select the Settings tab
- Click Page Code
- Paste the following code:
<script>window.location.href = "https://www.customurl.com";</script>
- Replace https://www.customurl.com with your desired URL
- Click SAVE
When adding this redirect, your Thinkific page will briefly load before a visitor is redirected to the new page. The script is added to the Footer of your page, which means the redirect is the last item to load. Since this is the case, we recommend keeping all other elements on the page to a minimum so that your page loads faster, which will reduce the time that your Thinkific page is briefly visible.
You can easily remove all sections on the Thinkific page to help with this: Delete a Section in Site Builder