Yes! If you would like to manually change the date a student is billed for their subscription, this can be updated in Stripe.
To change the billing date in Stripe:
- Open the student record in Stripe.
- Click on the ‘...’ to the right side of the active subscription and choose Update Subscription
- Disable Prorate changes
- Click Add Trial and enter the number of days (it’s OK to guess as you can edit this afterward)
- Edit the date using the Calendar widget. The trial period will adjust the billing date.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the next expected billing date under Preview
- Click Update subscription
Once you have made those changes in Stripe, make sure to edit your student's expiry date in Thinkific to match their new billing date.
You will need to make sure to update the student's expiry date in Thinkific to ensure that they have access to your course for the correct period of time. An unmatched Stripe billing date and Thinkific expiry date may either result in loss of access to the course or provide access for a longer period than intended.
For example, if the current expiry date was Jan 30, 2019 in Thinkific and the billing date in Stripe was updated to Feb 3, 2019, the student would lose access to the course on Jan 30, 2019 before the Stripe charge went through.
Another scenario might be if the current expiry date in Thinkific was Mar 30, 2019 and the billing date in Stripe was updated to Feb 3, 2019. In this case, the student would have access to the course until Mar 30, 2019 even if the subscription payment failed on Feb 3, 2019.
To prevent this, you can simply update the Thinkific expiry date to match the current billing date in Stripe.
Learn how to edit an expiry date here: How to Edit a Student's Course Expiry date