Linking buy buttons to your course checkout is the most common button you will set up on your site! This is how you will prompt visitors to purchase your course and continue through checkout.
This article is for anyone using a Site Builder compatible theme and the built-in Thinkific Payment Processors.
How to Link a Button to Your Course Checkout
- Go to Design your Site
- Select Site Builder
- Navigate to your desired page via the left side menu
- Add a section or locate your desired section
- Click on the section name to view details
- Click on the Button block
- In the Text field, input your desired button text
- In the Link field, select a checkout page...
- In the Product field, select your course or bundle
- In the Checkout price field, select your desired price. If you do not have any additional pricing options for this course, it will select your primary price by default.
- Click Save
If you select the checkout for a course that is currently in draft state, the button will not direct your visitors to your checkout until the course is published. Clicking the button on your live site will simply refresh the current page. If you want to sell pre-sell your course, check out How to Create a Pre-Order Course!
Testing Your Button
Once you have customized your button, we recommend testing it on your live site as your buttons will not function within Site Builder. The quickest way to start testing is to visit your site in another browser where you are not currently logged in or in a private window in your browser (e.g. Chrome's Incognito mode, or Firefox's Private Window).
If your course is not published yet, any buttons that are linked to checkout will go to a 404 page. They will go to the checkout as expected once you publish!