To create your first Zap, you'll need to connect your Thinkific account.
In this article:
Connect Your Thinkific Account While Creating a Zap
- In Zapier, create a new Zap. If you are not sure what to start with, check out Pre-Made Zaps!
- When you make the Zap, select Thinkific as the Trigger or Action app you need and the relevant action. Then continue to the next page and select Connect an Account.
- In the window that appears, you’ll need to enter your Thinkific API Key and Subdomain. Head to Settings > Code & analytics > API on your Thinkific admin dashboard to find these details.
- Copy and paste these details into the fields on Zapier. Then hit Yes, Continue.
- You’ll see that your account is now connected. Select Save + Continue and then follow Zapier's instructions to finish up your Zap.
Connect Your Thinkific Account Through Connected Accounts Page
You can also select Connected Accounts at the top of your Zapier account to connect Thinkific.
- Select Connected Accounts
- You will need to enter your API and subdomain details like above and you will then see your account is connected!
Create a New Zap
We recommend getting started with a pre-made Zap or if that's not what you looking for, you can also create your own with one of the 1,500+ apps that Zapier integrates with! You can see how to create a new zap HERE.
Looking to set up a Zap for an individual course? No need to add Filters to your Zap. We've made it so that Thinkific Triggers can be specific to particular products on your site. For example, so that the Zap will only fire for a certain course or other product (i.e. bundle or additional pricing option). You can set this up during the Edit Options stage of Zap creation. Skip this step to have your Zap fire for all products.
Test Your Zap
For Zaps where Thinkific is the Trigger, you will see a step to test the connection by fetching a recent enrollment, order, or whatever’s relevant for the Zap you're creating. If you don’t have any of these yet, try logging out of your Thinkific account and signing up as a test student with a new email address (not your admin email address). You can fake a purchase by using a 100% off coupon for your paid courses.
Where other applications are the Trigger, you may have to make a fake order (like external checkouts) or add a student to a campaign/workflow/tag (for marketing automation systems). Please consult the help articles and support team of your Trigger application if you need help confirming your test.