You can delete courses on your site that have never had any enrollments.
A course can only be deleted if there has never been students enrolled in it. This means, if you created a test course, you can only delete it if you have never enrolled any test students.
The reason for this, is that deleting courses that have had students enrolled would impact other aspects of your data. For example, the corresponding Affiliate commissions and Orders information are also removed, as well as your students' progress through the course.
To keep your data complete, we don't allow the course to be deleted from your course settings unless there have been zero enrollments.
Recommendations for Courses with Enrollments
If you cannot delete your course due to previous enrollments, we recommend:
- Unpublishing the course to prevent future enrollments and to ensure it is not accessible by previous students.
- Re-order your courses, so that any unused courses are displayed at the bottom of your course list and out of your way.
- Optional: If you have a test course with little content, you can also consider repurposing this course later when you are ready to create a new course!
If you have any feedback on this or would like to see an archive feature, make sure Submit a Feature Idea!
How to Delete a Course without Enrollments
- Go to Manage Learning Content
- Select Courses
- Select your desired Course
- In the Course Builder, select the Settings tab
- Scroll down and click Delete this course. If the delete button is missing, this means you have had enrollments (see recommendations above)
- Confirm by selecting Yes, delete this course.
Delete This Course will not be available if there have been enrollments in the course.
- It is not possible to delete a course that has had enrollments, even if these enrollments have been expired
- If a Site Owner, Site Admin, and/or Course Admin have previewed your course as a student, this does not count as an enrollment