This article explains how to import a set of your existing users into an existing subscriber list you have already setup in your Mailchimp account. It will go over the following:
- Exporting existing user information into a comma-separate values (CSV) file containing your users' emails and names
- Importing users contained in the CSV file into a MailChimp subscriber list
If you are looking for a way to automatically add new users to one of your MailChimp subscriber list when they first sign up, please refer to this article: Integrate MailChimp
Exporting users from Thinkific
- Navigate to the Users section, under Support Your Students
- Search and/or filter the list until you see the list of users you want to export
- Click the Export button (the square with the up arrow coming out of it)
You should see a message on the bottom left of your screen telling you that the data is being exported to CSV, and that you will receive an email with a download link. Check your email inbox for an email titled 'Thinkific CSV Export: Users' and download the CSV file attached to that email before proceeding to the next step.
Importing users into MailChimp
Follow the instructions in this MailChimp support article: Import Subscribers to a List, using the CSV file you downloaded for steps 5-8. Remember that you don't have to match every column when importing; if you leave a column unmatched, it will simply be left out of the import.