This article explains how to import a set of your existing users into an existing subscriber list you have already setup in your MailChimp account. It will go over the following:
- Exporting existing user information into a comma-separate values (CSV) file containing your users' emails and names
- Importing users contained in the CSV file into a MailChimp subscriber list
If you are looking for a way to automatically add new users to one of your MailChimp subscriber list when they first sign up, please refer to this article: Integrate MailChimp
Exporting users from Thinkific
- On your site's Admin Dashboard, go to the Users section
- Use Advanced Search to filter the list of users you would like to import into your MailChimp subscriber list.
- Click Export
- Select All Fields for an export of all available uses and user fields including any custom fields.
- Select Export view for an export of the currently visible fields displayed on this page, or for a tailored report of any search filters you've applied.
- In the email titled Thinkific CSV Export: Users, click the link to download the CSV file which will be used in the next step.
Importing users into MailChimp
- Login to your MailChimp account and navigate the Lists section
- Choose the Import option on one of your subscribers lists
- Choose CSV or tab-delimited text file when asked where to import from and choose Next
- Upload file by choosing Browse and finding your downloaded CSV file from step 1 and choose Next
- MailChimp will now ask to match the columns from the CSV to their list fields. The following fields should have been matched automatically:
- First Name
- Last Name
- You can match or skip any other fields included in the CSV file. Any fields skipped will not be imported into your subscriber list. Choose Next
- The last step in the import will be the review page and selecting how to categorize the imported subscribers:
- Choose Subscribed to add the users in the CSV as subscribers to the list.
- Please note, any duplicate users already in the subscribers list based on email address will be skipped during the import.
- Choose Import and once completed, you should see the new subscribers added to your list.