Install Google Analytics to track visitor activity on your site pages and within the Course Player.
In this article:
- Google has recently launched Google Analytics 4 (formerly known as App + Web), which is not supported by this integration. If you are interested in using Google Analytics 4 (GA4), we recommend reaching out to a developer. If you would like to use this integration without GA4, please see the instructions below to create a Universal Analytics property instead.
- Our Google Analytics integration tracks page views and does not track e-commerce. Please integrate with Google Tag Manager if you're looking to track e-commerce purchases.
- It can take 24-48 hours for data to sync between Google Analytics and your Thinkific site.
Copying Your Tracking ID from Google Analytics
- Log into or sign up for your Google Analytics account. Note: if you are signing up for an account, make sure to create a Universal Analytics property during sign up, not a Google Analytics 4 property.
- In your Google Analytics account dashboard, click on Admin in the bottom left menu bar
- Then select the account you’d like to use
- Follow these instructions from Google to create a Universal Analytics property (if you don't already have one). Note: you need to create a Universal Analytics property, not a Google Analytics 4 property, which is not supported by this integration.
- Copy the Tracking ID (It will look something like UA-123456789-1)
If you are having any issues verifying your site in Google Analytics, please see Google Site Verification.
Installing Google Analytics and Adding Your Tracking ID to Thinkific
- In your Thinkific Admin Dashboard, select Apps from the navigation menu on the left-hand side of the screen
- Click Visit App Store to go to the Thinkific App Store
- Locate Google Analytics in the App Store
- Click Install to install the Google Analytics app
- Once the app has successfully been installed, you will be taken to the Google Analytics section in the Apps page of your Thinkific dashboard
- Click Configure to open the app settings
- Review Permissions & App details
- Click Accept & Install
- Under Google Analytics Tracking ID, paste your Tracking ID
- Click Save
That's it - now your site will be tracked by Google Analytics! Note: It can take 24-48 hours for data to sync between Google Analytics and your Thinkific site.
Looking for more apps? We're adding new apps to the platform every day. Check out the Thinkific App Store!