- Why do my students see Country and Zip Code field on my Stripe checkout?
- Why do my students see Country and Postal Code field on my Stripe checkout?
- Additional location fields on the performance checkout.
We have recently updated our Performance checkout, so the transactions made through Stripe now require the student's Country and Zip code / Postal code details. This update can help reduce the number of incomplete transactions and has the following benefits:
- With this additional information now collected, additional verification checks can be done on payments processed, reducing the risk of fraud and protecting against disputes. See: Card verification checks.
- Collecting this information will help reduce the number of declined payments.
- Students need to use the Country and Zip/Postal code information that matches their billing address on file with their card issuer.
- Transactions made through Thinkific Payments are already collecting student location information, which can be found in the Transaction Report.
- You can see the collected location information in your Stripe dashboard. You can export this information directly from your Stripe dashboard.