- Why do I need to use an Organization account when setting up my Apple App Store account?
- Can I use an Individual account for managing my iOS Branded app?
When you are first creating your Apple Developer account there will be the option to select either an Individual or Organization account. In order for the Thinkific Team to successfully access your account and build your branded mobile app we will need you to select the Organization account option.
Why does Thinkific require an Organization account?
Thinkific requires you to set up an Organization account through Apple, to provide us with sufficient access to complete your mobile app build. An Individual account will not provide the necessary access levels, and would also require you to share your personal Apple ID credentials.
What is the difference between the Organization and Individual account setup process?
There is one major difference between an Organization and an Individual Apple Developer account:
- An Organization account lets you grant access to multiple users with individual permissions
- An Individual account is intended for use by a single individual
When signing up for an Organization account with Apple you'll need a few pieces of business-related information, including a D-U-N-S Number.
A D-U-N-S number is a 9-digit unique business identifier assigned and maintained by Dun & Bradstreet. If you are interested in learning more you can check out their site: Dan & Bradstreet D-U-N-S® Number.
You can apply for a D-U-N-S number directly on the Dun & Bradstreet website: Get a Dun & Bradstreet D-U-N-S® Number.
You will receive your D-U-N-S number within 30 days of applying. You can apply to expedite your D-U-N-S number to receive it within 8 days.
- The process of getting a D-U-N-S number is free unless you opt for expedited approval.
- We recommend getting your D-U-N-S number as soon as possible to ensure there are no delays in getting your Branded app on the Apple App Store.