Learn how to preview your old theme if you need to refer back to it to make changes to your new Site Builder theme. This article only applies if you created your account before April 2018.
After April 5, 2021, all legacy themes were automatically migrated to a new Site Builder theme. You will be able to preview your legacy theme until June 1, 2021.
In this article:
How to preview your legacy theme after your Site Builder theme is published
- Sign in to your Thinkific site as the Site Owner
- Click on Design Your Site, then Theme Library
- Locate your legacy theme in the My installed themes section, and click on the ellipses (...)
- Click Preview. This will open up your legacy theme homepage. You'll notice a URL parameter appended to the end of the URL that looks like this:
- (Optional) If you'd like to preview other pages of your legacy theme, copy the entire
?ctid=XXXXXparameter and append to the end of any other URL on your site, such as your course landing page or student dashboard.
?ctid=XXXXXparameter does not persist between pages, so it must be re-appended to the URL of any other page you'd like to preview
Frequently Asked Questions
Why was my theme migrated to Site Builder?
In October 2020, we began notifying all customers on legacy themes that they were required to update their theme prior to April 5, 2021, via email and in-app notifications. After this deadline, we automatically migrated any course creators still using a legacy theme to our upgraded Site Builder website builder. You can now edit the look and feel of your site by going to Design Your Site > Site Builder.
We first launched Site Builder—our current drag and drop website editor—in April 2018. The complexity of managing older versions of the website builder (and the related themes) has become an obstacle to delivering the best possible product. By simplifying our offering and focusing on our newer themes, we can invest more in improving the experience of all users: developing more features, faster.