This section provides a top-level view of Thinkific's APIs and other customizations available to developers.
ATTENTION: This article is no longer up to date, and should be automatically redirecting you to a more current article in our Developer-specific documentation. If for some reason you are not redirected, please use this link to see the most recent version of this article.
Thinkific uses the OAuth 2.0 authorization framework to issue access tokens on behalf of Thinkific Sites.
- For more on authorization see: OAuth Authorization
- For authorization-related endpoints see: Authorization API Reference
The Admin API exposes endpoints to perform various Admin and Site Owner-related activities. For example, the /enrollments, /products, /users and many other endpoints are part of Thinkific's Admin API.
- For Admin API-related endpoints see: API Documentation
Site Scripts API
The Site Scripts API allows you to inject site scripts into a creator's site without the need for your customers to copy and paste site footer code.
- For Site Scripts-related endpoints see: Admin API Reference
- For how to use Site Scripts see: Site Scripts API
You can use Theme Extensions to create Site Builder Sections. Course creators can add these sections to their Thinkific site to customize its look and feel.
- To start using Theme Extensions see: Theme Extensions
- For how to create Themes see: Getting Started With Themes
Webhooks allow you to listen for certain events in Thinkific and receive related metadata. You can use webhooks to track student progress as they sign up to a site, complete lessons, and much more.
- For webhook-related endpoints see: Webhooks API
- For a list of webhook topics see: Webhooks Documentation