In this article, you will get a brief overview of the Thinkific Mobile App and how to navigate within it.
In this article:
About the Mobile App
The Thinkific Mobile App was designed with students in mind - giving you a way to take your learning with you, wherever you go. With the Mobile App, you will be able to view the learning products you are enrolled in, take courses, participate in communities, and more!
If you have not already installed and logged into the app, check out our article How to Install and Log In to the Thinkific Mobile App (Student Resource).
The first screen you will see when you log into the app is your home screen. At the top of this screen, you will see the name of the school you are enrolled in, and your profile icon (on the top right-hand side).
What you see beneath the school name and profile icon will depend on what kind of learning products you are enrolled in.
If you are enrolled in Courses, you will see:
- Your top three courses: these will be sorted in the order of last accessed, with your most recently accessed course first on the left.
If you are enrolled in Communities, you will see:
- The latest posts from all of the Communities you are part of: these will be sorted in order from newest posts to oldest.
If you are not enrolled in any products, you will see a message that says "We don't see any learning products with this account yet. Check if your email is correct and if you've enrolled by visiting our website".
- If you see this error, double-check that the email address you used to sign in to the Mobile App is the same email address you normally use to sign in to your account.
At the bottom of your home screen, you will see four tabs:
The Home tab is your main page and the page that you will see when you log in to the app. You can click this tab at any time it is visible while you are in the app, and it will bring you back to your main home page.
The Learn tab is where you will find a list of courses available to you, sorted by the order of most recently accessed.
Here, you can search for the course you want to access by using a search function or by filtering courses by categories.
For more information on how to navigate within your courses, what the Mobile App Course Player looks like, and what course features are supported, check out this article: Courses in the Mobile App (Student Resource)
The Communities tab is where you will find a list of communities available to you, sorted by the order of most recently accessed (if you are enrolled in multiple communities). If you are enrolled in one community only, you will see spaces and posts of that community.
For more information on the basics of communities on the Mobile App: where to access your communities, how they work, and how you can use community features, check out this article: Communities in the Mobile App (Student Resource).
The Notifications tab is where you will be able to view all of your community notifications, such as:
- When a member is added to a community
- When an Admin creates a new post
- When someone mentions you or a member in a post
- When someone comments on you or a member’s post
- When someone replies to your or a member’s comment
In the top right-hand corner of your home screen, you'll find your profile icon. Click this icon to:
- View your basic account information (your profile picture, first and last name, and the email address you use to log in)
- Open the web (browser) version of Thinkific to view or edit your information. Specificially to:
- Learn more about your school and contact your instructor:
- Email your school's support
- Learn more about Thinkific:
- Report issues with the app
Note that the Thinkific support can only address issues as they relate to the Thinkific mobile app. We cannot offer any support when it comes to course or community content, charges dispute, or general school feedback.
- Log out
- View the app version
Thinkific Mobile App Version
You will need to know the version number of the Mobile App you are running in order to contact Thinkific Support for help or troubleshooting. This information can be found by opening your profile on the Mobile App and scrolling to the bottom of the page.
See this article to learn how to update your app: How Can I Update the Thinkific Mobile App? (Student Resource).
- The Mobile App is meant to be used as a supplementary tool for students to use on the go, which means that you will still need to log in to your account using the web (browser) version of Thinkific to access certain features and functions.
- As the Mobile App is currently being built out and improved, there are certain features that are not supported within courses at this time. To learn more about what is currently supported, check out these articles: Courses in the Mobile App (Student Resource) and Communities in the Mobile App (Student Resource).
- You will need to know what version number of the Mobile App you are running in order to contact Thinkific Support for help or troubleshooting. This information can be found at the bottom of your profile on the Mobile App.